The Club was formed in 1955. At the end of the first year
there were 85 members
paying an annual subscription of 5 shillings.
For the Queens visit in 1966 the Club provided floral
archways at Truro Station
and Boscawen Bridge. The Club held an annual show in 1967 & 1968 in the
City Hall Annex at Truro, but from 1986 onwards shows were held bi-annually
at St. Feock Church Hall.
We decorated the Outpatients Hall at the Royal Cornwall
Infirmary each week
from 1956 to its closure in 1999 and then provided a pedestal arrangement
at Treliske Hospital until red tape intervened.
We are affiliated to the Devon and Cornwall Area of NAFAS